It Makes What Noise?
Many times I get calls from people describing the noise that their appliance is making. Words such as grinding, screeching, humming, thumping, squealing and squeaking can be in the description. Here are some common reasons that your appliances make noise. If the:
- Motor is running and seems loud-In most cases this is perfectly normal. Sometimes though, the bearings may become worn or rusty. When the noise becomes loud or there is an additional clanking noise, you need to call.
- Appliance makes a knocking or thumping noise -Something may be hitting the fan. Make sure that the area around the fan or sprayer arm (in the case of a dishwasher) is clear of debris. Something could just be in the way of the arm and causing the noise.
- Appliance starts making squealing noises-The motor could be making noises as a result of bearings needing to be greased.
- Belt is worn-This is an item that will need to be replaced before a broken belt happens.
Tips on how to describe your “noise” to me and give me information:
- State what the noise sounds like and when it occurs. The more details that I have, the better prepared I can be for your service call.
- How long the noise has been happening-Hopefully, you are calling right away and not waiting until permanent damage is done to your appliance.
- Intermittent or every time-Is the noise occurring only once in a while?
- Has your appliance been repaired before?-This lets me know if this is an ongoing issue or something that is new.
A noise from your appliances could be normal, but when it just doesn’t sound the way it should, you can call for service, Remember to be as specific as possible in your description of the noise that you are hearing. I will work to get your appliances back in working order as soon as possible.