I hope that everyone is having a great holiday season. It’s been a busy year and an even busier time as we approach 2016. To help you with the holiday rush, I’d like to share a few tips to get you through the rest of 2015.
- Cooking something that needs stirring? Use a microwave safe bowl and leave a wooden spoon in it as you cook. You can stir as needed and not make a mess.
- In a rush? Microwave a meatloaf by making it in the shape of a donut. Divide your normal cooking time in the oven by 4 and you should be close to having it done just right. Remember, items cooked in the microwave are still cooking when they are removed. Let them sit a few minutes.
- Use paper towels or wax paper to cover your items cooked in the microwave. Plastic wrap can have chemicals release into food if cooked together.
- Change batteries for your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms on New Year’s Day. That way you’ll always know when you changed the batteries. You can also put a piece of tape with the date on the battery to remind you of the date.
- Plan meals ahead of time and prepared as much as you can early. There are many meals that can be place in bags until you are ready to cook.
- Start the new year right by changing water, furnace and air filters. You can begin the year by saving money when you make your appliances more efficient to use.
- Clean your dryer. Start the year safer by making sure that the lint trap is clean and the ductwork.
- Clean your dishwasher. Make sure the bottom of the dishwasher is clear of food, glass or other items that may be clogging it.
I hope that these tips can help you make it through the holiday season and start 2016 in a positive way. Have a wonderful holiday season and a terrific 2016!s
You do have a fabulous blog thanks.
Thank you. It’s great to share information with everyone.